Tuesday 22 October 2013

Introduction to Jack

I'm 19 years old and from Sydney, Australia.
I may seem young but I feel that I have maturity far beyond my age in my photographic work. After finishing HSC I went on to complete my diploma in Photography. This is what really shaped me as a photographer as I got professional feedback and guidance from people very respected in the industry but it was being around like minded people with so much passion for photography that was the real advantage. 
On location at Nelson Bay to complete
 a project while studying.

While studying I was able to gain the skills in commercial photography, but it was landscape photography that really grabbed my attention and the area I stood out in. 

After completing my course I had the opportunity to travel around the south island of New Zealand on a trip organised by Timothy Poulton at One of a Kind Photography Adventures. It was a great opportunity to get to some amazing locations with the chance to photograph them with some great mates. 

Some great doors started to open up with my portfolio growing the biggest being the chance to exhibit my work at X88 Gallery. I exhibited a mix of images from my graduation portfolio combined with newer work from New Zealand. After a fairly slow start the exhibition ended up being a real success and I learnt so much from the experience. My work was received really well by the public, I found my New Zealand images stood out to everyone who came in even against the local images that were also on show. 

At the moment, I am doing work for a number of Sydney photographers while I emerge in the industry. Working with leading photographers in the industry has been great for my personal work helped me continue to build as a photographer. I am out shooting whenever I can and planning new trips to build my portfolio and move forward in the industry. 

Thank you for reading, Be sure to check back for regular posts. 

Jack



Berkeley Vale, Central Coast, NSW.

Stockton Dunes, Anna Bay, NSW. 
Hooker Valley, Mt Cook NP, NZ.

Silent Five, A composite image as part of my studies.